Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new year, a fresh start....

I'm not usually one for new year's resolutions, but I have a strong intention to commit to regular postings on my Blog in 2011.

In the second part of 2010, my art journalling has taken a bit of a back-seat as I have come back to making cards again and challenged myself to push my comfort zone. I have been doing an on-line class with the one & only Suzi Blu. The La Sirena course was something I just had to do - it forced me to brave drawing/illustrating. Up till now I have been enjoying mixed media using mainly collage & painting techniques. I have learned so much. I now know how to make "pretty pretty girls" as Suzi says by perfecting facial symmetry using a formula. Quite a revelation.

In the absence of any new completed work, I will continue to post my old journal pages for now.


This is a very simple journal page done quickly. I spread some 'sea colours' using a credit card technique, hand cut fish from an old music book & doodled a bit with a white paint pen and a white gel pen. The page looked so peaceful & clean that I didn't feel like making it any busier. Yes, it was a challenge giving myself permission to just go with my instinct & not try & make it more arty. I decided to just put a lovely quote on it that I saved from a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment